Skip to main content

A Still World By Carly

A Still World By: Carly

Deep ocean obis 
Crashed jello waves stop to watch
The flowers dance in the tall grass 
On a simple day
The kids went out to play
Running barefoot on
The dusty savanna
Dancing on the farm
A girl listens to the music 
Made by the world
The geese flapping in the sky
The grass swayed
The children's feet put the beat in motion
As she listened she heard wild horses
Running through the savanna
All put together with the
Bubbles of the fish
Popping at the surface of the oceans
Waves soared through the beat
Crashing on the sand like a symbol
It was a beautiful piece of art
Being painted on a rainy day as
The water dripped down the window
In the forest the dew slipped off 
The smallest of grass
Making the pinging vibration of the world
As it Circulated in the dancing girl's blood and
She danced wildly through the world’s deepest peaks and tallest canyons. 
Singing to the beat was the most melodic tune of history. 
In the depth of the ocean the fish swam in synchronization.
The jello waves sloshed up against the cliffs.
The flowers relaxed into a most content position as the sun set over the tall grassy savanna.
The children ran to the ocean just in time to sit on the cliff and watch the world.
And the girl ran to the side of the ocean looking over the edge of her cliff watching as the sun rose and so did her hope.
The wild horses stopped in the night of perfectly strung stars and slept tightly as a family.
The boy thought about what his picture was missing now.
He didn’t find it until the sunset when he figured out that it was missing the core of the Earth’s beating heart… He then sang his picture as he sat out on his cliff with the girl on the other side of the ocean and all the children sitting far out on their cliff at that exact moment...
The 
world 
stopped
Spinning 
For
Just
That 
One 
Moment.
As
Still
As 
The 
Picture.
They
Sat.
Enjoying
The
Still
World.

Popular posts from this blog

February Riddles by Zidane

Answers to December Riddles 1. Love 2. Your age 3. The letter “M” 4. Fire 5. A radio February Riddles 1. I have many servants, in all the number five; they fulfill my purpose, and I keep them alive. What am I? 2. Though it’s true I don’t have many suits, that is what is fair; for when I show my noble face, my lessers can’t compare. What am I? 3. I break through rock, smash through wood, and render steal useless. Yet I am lived in, can be easily contained, and if you don’t use me you will die. What am I? 4. 

November Riddles by Zidane

November Riddles By Zidane Answers to October Riddles 1. His own nose 2.  Stop imagining 3. There are two “me”s. 4. He is going by B.C. years 5. Nothing This Month’s Riddles 1. Mary has four daughters, and each daughter has a brother. How many children are there? 2. What’s red, blue, yellow and green, but no one can touch it, not even the queen? 3. What’s always with one but never with two, and can fill an entire room? 4. What is something that all people share, but never fits in with a group? 5. With sharp fangs I lie in wait, dolling over bloodless prey, eternally enjoying in a single bite. What am I?

Ode to Jicama by Juliette

Ode to Jicama* Jicama, oh jicama I love you so, Jicama, oh jicama you're white like snow. Are you a vegetable or are you a root? I'm falling for you, I need a parachute. Jicama, oh jicama you are so juicy,  Jicama, oh jicama you make me loosey-goosey. How did you get to be so good? And yet, you are still so misunderstood. Jicama, oh jicama you are so healthy, Jicama, oh jicama you snuck up on me, you're stealthy. Jicama, oh jicama you give me vitamin C, Jicama, oh Jicama you hold the key.  Jicama, oh jicama you make a great meal, for jicama, oh jicama you are quite ideal. Juliette *pronounced hick-uh-muh