Skip to main content

December Haiku

December Poetry

By Juliette 
Cold sting of winter air
Bites with frozen jaws at the
Warmth of our small toes

Made it out of clay
And when it’s dry and ready
Dreidel I shall play

We wake up to that
Lovely smell of Christmas pine
And the early fog

Snow fades beneath feet
Snowflakes glide to eyelashes
Cocoa burns young tongues

Crisp rips of paper
Bows torn off, smiles then brighten
Makes a happy mess

My dry, old hands soothe
My very chapped lips that sting
Looking for chapstick

Holidays are done
Appreciative of my gifts
Leaving family 

























Gg















Popular posts from this blog

February Riddles by Zidane

Answers to December Riddles 1. Love 2. Your age 3. The letter “M” 4. Fire 5. A radio February Riddles 1. I have many servants, in all the number five; they fulfill my purpose, and I keep them alive. What am I? 2. Though it’s true I don’t have many suits, that is what is fair; for when I show my noble face, my lessers can’t compare. What am I? 3. I break through rock, smash through wood, and render steal useless. Yet I am lived in, can be easily contained, and if you don’t use me you will die. What am I? 4. 

November Riddles by Zidane

November Riddles By Zidane Answers to October Riddles 1. His own nose 2.  Stop imagining 3. There are two “me”s. 4. He is going by B.C. years 5. Nothing This Month’s Riddles 1. Mary has four daughters, and each daughter has a brother. How many children are there? 2. What’s red, blue, yellow and green, but no one can touch it, not even the queen? 3. What’s always with one but never with two, and can fill an entire room? 4. What is something that all people share, but never fits in with a group? 5. With sharp fangs I lie in wait, dolling over bloodless prey, eternally enjoying in a single bite. What am I?

The Monthly Review - Murder on the Orient Express By Raphaela

* * * * * I loved reading this murder mystery by Agatha Christie. She is personally one of my favorite authors, she always keeps you on your tippy toes. Murder on the Orient Express is about a detective named Hercule Poirot. M. Poirot is taking the orient express from Istanbul back to England. During the night the train is stopped in a snowdrift, and in the morning Mr. Ratchet (one of the passengers) is found dead. The ending of the novel is so unexpected that you should seen it all along. I absolutely recommend this fabulously written book.