Skip to main content

December Haiku

December Poetry

By Juliette 
Cold sting of winter air
Bites with frozen jaws at the
Warmth of our small toes

Made it out of clay
And when it’s dry and ready
Dreidel I shall play

We wake up to that
Lovely smell of Christmas pine
And the early fog

Snow fades beneath feet
Snowflakes glide to eyelashes
Cocoa burns young tongues

Crisp rips of paper
Bows torn off, smiles then brighten
Makes a happy mess

My dry, old hands soothe
My very chapped lips that sting
Looking for chapstick

Holidays are done
Appreciative of my gifts
Leaving family 

























Gg















Popular posts from this blog

December Riddles by Zidane

Answers to November Riddles 1. There are five children 2. A rainbow 3. Loneliness 4. An individual  5. A stapler December Riddles 1. What’s useless to one but priceless to two, can create and destroy but can never be touched? 2. What never stops progressing until the day you die? 3. What appears once in a minute, twice in a millennium, but never in a hundred years? 4. Let me breathe and I will thrive, give me a drink and I will die. What am I? 5. I send waves but not of water, can instate any kind of emotion, sit in your pocket or in your car. What am I?

The History of Spring Cleaning By Emilia

The History of Spring Cleaning When I hear those words butterflies of excitement rise in my stomach. It time for “Spring Cleaning.” Spring cleaning has been a tradition in my house for as long as I can remember. Going through my desks and all the random boxes in my house feels as though I’m starting from scratch. It gives me the ability to reorganize my room and make space for brand new things. Spring cleaning is one of my favorite times of the year and going through it this year I started to wonder about the history of the tradition.  It all started as a Jewish tradition in which families would go through their home and perform a “deep cleaning” in preparation for Passover. Jewish families were supposed to rid their houses of any remnants of chametz for the duration of the holiday. This resulted in a complete cleaning of their homes. Since Passover is in spring the tradition of hunting for chametz took place the week before, hence the name “Spring Cleaning.” As time went on spr...